Breaking
Loading...
Home » , , » Homeschool Schedule

Homeschool Schedule

I finally sat down and made a really complicated schedule for our homeschool days. Are you ready to hear it? It's really crazy.

30 minutes of reading
30 minutes of math
30 minutes of science/art or whatever other project we want to do

And look, I am so stinkin' artistic, I even made this poster. In four colors! I know you are all jealous of this gorgeousness, so if you are lucky, I'll post a tutorial on Pinterest so you can make your own poster. In four colors. Maybe five.
It is working beautifully so far. Most days we do school way longer than the allotted 90 minutes because my kids are having so much fun. They are learning and they don't even know it half the time! Ha ha, joke's on them :)

But seriously, I have found that if we play games they respond way better to what what I am trying to teach them than if I force them to sit down at the table, work out of textbooks, and raise their hand when they need to use the potty.

Tommy is five and starting his kindergarten year. We have been working out of Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons since about May. We got to lesson 80. 80, People! And then he had a major crash and decided he hated reading. So we have backed off a whole lot because I don't want to raise a word-hater. And I have waxed more creative in teaching him how to read.

Enter this fun word Sight Word Bingo game from Lakeshore Learning. Warning: Don't click on this link if you have uncontrollable urges to purchase educational materials. Seriously, I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to Lakeshore. I can't help it. I must buy everything!
OK, calm down, calm down. This morning Tommy and I played Sight Word Bingo twice and we read every one of the 75 words in the game each time. I'd say that's a good day of reading practice under our belts! I told him my little secret after we were done.

Me: "Tommy, did you know that we just did homeschool? And that you read words?"
Tommy: "What, Mom? I was busy telling Lily a poop joke and I didn't hear you."

Success.




powered by TinyLetter
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

1 comment:

  1. We love Lakeshore too! So many great games and learning resources for kids. I have to remember this Bingo game for a Christmas gift for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2013. Laisy Daisy Days - All Rights Reserved